[FSPA] Friday Night Translites - Few slots left. Starts Sept 6th

Michael Polisky mack008 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 11:11:54 EDT 2019

Also...

*Play Format:*
The first objective of this league is to have fun.  The competition format
is a mix of things borrowed from other leagues whose goal is to give some
structure and goals for people.

   - Each week players will be grouped in a group of 3 or 4 players based
   on your standings.  The groupings logic is one similar to used at pinburgh,
   where week 1 it's a wide spread of players together, and each week it
   converges closer to where at week 6.. you are playing people ranked near
   you.
   - We use IFPA rules as our foundation for game rulings/conduct
   - Each week, your group will play 5 games in a match play format.
   Points are awarded based on your finish order on each game.  Points
   accumulate across the meet, and the full season.  No bonus points, no match
   points, etc.  Your cumulative points total establishes your rank for next
   week's groupings.
   - We drop everyone's two lowest week scores in computing the final
   standings.  This is your buffer in case you need to miss a meet.
   - After 6 weeks, we have a playoffs night.  EVERYONE makes the
   playoffs!  We break into 3 divisions based on rankings.  What your week 1-6
   points establish is which division (and prize pool) you play in, and your
   bracket seeding.
   - Playoffs is again match play format in 3 game sets, with a semi-finals
   and final round in each division.  Cash prizes will be the booty you seek!