[FSPA] CarPool Fall 2019 playoffs are Tuesday 12/3! (tomorrow)

The Bob worktheweb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 18:05:02 EST 2019

Ok everyone who is above the line, playoffs are tomorrow!  We had another
fantastic season so thank you for playing and thanks to the new players who
came out to try their luck. :)  There will be HUGE cash prizes so
congratulations to the qualifiers.  As an added bonus we will also draw the
winner of the Bow & Arrow machine.  If you recall the odds of winning this
machine are based on the number of league nights you've played plus the
number of tournaments you've played at CarPool and Mustang Sally Brewing
this season.  Winner can do what they want with the game but it needs to be
removed from CarPool "soonish".

*The list of qualified players was in the Week 10 results so click here for
that:  http://fspa.league.papa.org/meetResults/162/10
<http://fspa.league.papa.org/meetResults/162/10>*
You should also click the "Head to Head" stats link below each division to
plan your game picks...

If you are just below the line it's a good idea to show up in case someone
can't make it or shows up late.  On the subject of late arrivals, things
are a little different during playoffs.  If you are not present by 7:45pm
you *will lose your seeding and game picks*!  If you are not present by
8:00pm you *will lose your spot and the next highest available qualifier
will take your spot!*  If you know you will be late you can request a 15
minute extension.  Things happen, people get bumped.

As a reminder, the highest seeded player in each division picks their games
first followed by the 2nd highest seeded player followed by the 3rd highest
seeded player.  The 4th highest seeded player doesn't get any picks.  Play
better next season. :)

*The rules for playoffs are available here:
http://fspazone.org/complete-rules/#Playoffs
<http://fspazone.org/complete-rules/#Playoffs>*

We have 4 player finals so the matches will look like this. The seed #
listed first in each match gets to pick the game and player order for that
match.  See the rules link above for game selection criteria.

Round 1: 2-1-3-4
Round 2: 1-4 and 2-3
Round 3: 1-3 and 2-4
Round 4: 1-2 and 3-4