[FSPA] Buying tickets for Pinburgh - Urgent

Dave Hubbard dave.hubbard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 19:55:09 EST 2019

> > On Feb 23, 2019, at 7:35 PM, Bob K Mertz via FSPA <fspa at fspazone.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > I don't know how or if this would work but something that crossed my
> mind would be advanced registration options the more active you have been
> the last year (based on number of events on your IFPA profile). It would
> still allow all skill levels access but would promote pinball even outside
> of Pinburgh.
>
> One option that has been suggested is basing a right of first refusal
> determined by a yet-to-be-determined number of circuit points. Since
> Circuit points are only accumulated by participating in other events, it
> encourages participation.   Again, I’m not commenting that this is or is
> not on our agenda, it’s just one idea that has been proposed.

I think that's sending a dangerous message that Pinburgh is only for active
players, or only for those in high-volume locations, or only for those that
are willing to travel for Circuit events.

At that point, just make it an invitational tournament.

           --- Dave

--
"Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about."