[FSPA] Buying tickets for Pinburgh - Urgent

Mark Steinman mhs at papa.org
Sat Feb 23 20:42:56 EST 2019

> Top players should get in, and newbies should also have a path to get in.  The rest of us could be thrown into various categories based on on historical performance.   Sort of like the NBA lottery perhaps. (Sorry/explan. to folks from Pittsburgh— that is a reference to a very famous basketball league that plays in major league cities.  They have a great lottery draft system).

What's basketball?

> I think you need a system that won’t lock out top players.  Maybe you have that already, but I haven’t seen it.

Top players are currently at the mercy of the system, same as everyone else.

> I’d like to see something that includes prior accomplishment and total newbies and everything in between.

…a difficult and delicate balance indeed.

> Perhaps more fun would be that some folks qualify based on pre-papa events somewhere else.

We currently offer some tickets through a variety of fundraising efforts.
https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/#1550622879300-30944ca9-2c02 <https://replayfx.org/competitions/pinburgh/#1550622879300-30944ca9-2c02>

mhs