[FSPA] Buying tickets for Pinburgh - Urgent

Wei-Hwa Huang onigame at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 03:19:54 EST 2019

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 4:35 PM Joe Kosack via FSPA <fspa at fspazone.org> wrote:
> This would totally get away from the whole point of Pinburgh.  The idea is that Pinburgh brings players of all skill levels together for one hell of a tournament.  The tiered pricing would scare away the novice and new players that are important to growing the sport.

Wait, you think tiered pricing scares away novice players, but novices
are fine with tickets selling out in a minute???

Here's my crazy suggestion.  Once you've played in Pinburgh, you can't
play in the next three Pinburghs, but you can play again four
Pinburghs from now.  (Or whatever number is needed to make the rush
more sane.)  If possible, have more than one Pinburgh per year -- if
the reason is because of cost, just raise the registration price until
it pays for the cost.
Wei-Hwa Huang, onigame at gmail.com