[FSPA] 2021 Super Series at Carpool and MSB

Rich Wickersham rich.wickersham at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 20:45:47 EDT 2021

Evening everyone!  As we are starting to emerge from the plague we wanted
to introduce a couple of competitive playing options for the Spring.  For
starters we will have the end of month tournament next Thursday 3/25 @
Carpool Bar and Saturday 3/27 at MSB.  I am pleased to report that these
events will kick off the next Super Series!

Edan will also be sending out the details for a "timed event" that will
take place between the locations as well.   All events can be played
individually and some will build points toward a playoff with sponsored
prizes from your favorite pinball companies.   If WPPRS come back online we
will award those as well...

Super series Format:

The schedule will consist of 6 individual events and one finals event.
Points will be awarded for each individual event based on the number of
players that attend the event.  At the end of the season the top half
players with the most points will be invited to attend the playoff event.
  Brackelope will be used for the individual events with a 3X Balanced
Swiss format. The finals format will be officially published after week 5.
PAPA format as that worked well last time.

Points:

To assure some balance in scoring the events with an unknown number of
participants a minimum floor of points for winners and losers will be
established.  Winners will score *no less than 10 points and losers will
score no less than 4 points*.  People that miss an event will be awarded *2
base points*.   Also, if a winning player has remaining unused strikes
those will count for bonus points(e.g. 10 players, 10 points to the winner
+ 2 points for unspent strikes or 12 points total).    A weekly summary of
the individual events and aggregate leader board will be published(I fully
expect Edan and Austin to crush us all again!) .

Cost:  $5 per player per event.

Standard COVID protocols will be in place and players will be expected to
wear a mask, even if you have been vaccinated.

Schedule:
Date Location
Thursday March 25th Carpool Bar
Saturday March 27th Mustang Sally