[FSPA] READ ME! Preplays vs. Drop 2 Survey!

Dave Hubbard dave.hubbard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 19:07:40 EDT 2021

I'm going to respectfully disagree with that last bit.  Drop-2 is
essentially equivalent to preplays where no one has any.  We've been around
the block on this one a few times in FSPA Slack, but basically: using the
more common 3-player group, one person missing makes it a head-to-head
competition, and two players missing makes it not a competition at all,
because you auto-win by forfeit.

I'm fine with drop-2, *IF* a strategy exists to regroup and eliminate short
groups.  With preplays, you still have less people physically there on
league night, but at least you are (generally) fighting the full battle in
your group.

      --- Dave