[FSPA] FSPA: MOM's Organic Pinball Results for 09/29/2021 (Meet #2)

Joe Schober afljoeys at aol.com
Thu Sep 30 19:48:27 EDT 2021

Rob W-C wrote...

> For MOM’s I use a spreadsheet based on the sheet Joe K used at VBH which I believe was originally built by Scott. It is more curated than random so that groups don’t end up behind each other, but you do end up with patterns like the one you indicated. Eventually I plan to make it completely random, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

That spreadsheet is simply different, not better or worse.  The problem is that game "A" might be a fast-playing game or a slow-playing game, you have no idea.  There's also no way to definitively tell if, say, 3-player group 2 will play faster, slower, or about the same pace as 4-player group 5.

The shuffler in the software has these priorities:

priority #1: avoid having a group play the same machine twice
priority #2: avoid having the same machine used by multiple groups in the same "round" (game number)
priority #3: prefer machines that were not used in the previous "round"

Honestly, it's not great at #3, but it's really good at #1 and #2.

--Joe