[FSPA] LIMITED Ed Cactus Canyon at SiIverball Sanctum

Roland Joyal joyalrj at aol.com
Fri Dec 23 18:29:10 EST 2022

Well, it must be the "Christmas Miracle" because finally the loooooong awaited Limited Edition version of Cactus Canyon Remake was released and arrived to Silverball Sanctum @ Lost Rhino Brewery at 7:30 this morning, just the 34th one made out of 1,250.  I am sure most everyone knows that this was Bally/Williams last title before transitioning to Pinball 2000, and the software was not quite finished (it is now).  This is one pin where the Limited Edition really stands out.  Yes, it has a thick real wood laser engraved and bullet decorated bottom arch, fully formed guns above the kickers, and other features.  But most importantly it has perhaps the most-interactive topper of all time.  It has a gunslinger with two arms that move to several positions, as well as jerking when hit, and is choreographed to the playfield action.
As cool as that is, the topper is also a game mode on its own, and the background of buildings (like a hotel or saloon) have good & bad guys that alternately light up in the windows.  When the mode is activated the player is supposed to "shoot" the bad guys while avoiding "shooting" the good guys.  One "shoots" the villains in the windows by using flipper buttons to aim with a detailed series of LED's below the topper to line up your "shot" with the people in the windows.  Not sure if a proper alignment of the LED "sight" automatically shoots or not, as I have only seen the mode once very quickly.  And as a carry-on by Chicago Gaming regarding the cow "Easter eggs" usually placed in pins by the great Bally/Williams in the 90's, they gave Bally/Williams a nod by placing a cow taking a shower in the upper right window :)
The game is set up and playing great so stop on by Lost Rhino Brewery and enjoy some beer, food, and pinball ...IF your car door is not frozen shut like one of mine was after setting up the pin and a 20 degree temp drop.  And if anyone is interested in purchasing one, hit me up OFF LINE and I can offer a small discount for either the SE or SE+ versions to FSPA'ers.  Seasons Greetings and Merry Christmas!
-Roland
www.SilverballSanctum.com