[FSPA] PinBaltimore Baby! April 1-3

Jacob Peterson polishhillpgh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 14:36:20 EDT 2022

Yes, it's true! PinBaltimore is right around the corner! Three days of
pinball party and competition. Over 60 pins, bands and DJs all weekend, and
7 different competitions.

Whether you attended previously or not, there are some important things you
should be aware of.

1) Our mission is to throw* the greatest pinball party in the world*. Fun
comes first, though we also take competition very seriously (for some of
you, competition = fun, after all).

2) We will have well over 60 pins between competition and freeplay...
Getting close to 70 if we can keep em all running. The problem is just that
we may not have enough room to fit them all lol. One floor is dedicated to
freeplay, and one floor is dedicated to competition and rare pinball
machines. In the evenings, bands play upstairs and the competition room is
open to everyone for freeplay.

3) A few of the competitions sold out very quickly, but many of the
competitions are still open. The Women's competition on Saturday still has
some slots available.  PinGolfimore is being run by the FSPA's own JoeK and
has unlimited entries Friday and Saturday. There's also an amateur
competition on Saturday if you are new to pinball. Sunday is our big
Baltimore City Championship and there is no cap on number of competitors. More
info on competitions is here <https://www.pinbaltimore.com/competition>.

4) There will be MANY guests at PinBaltimore that will be competing for the
first time, or won't compete at all. Their enjoyment of the event is as
important as yours... Scratch that. Their enjoyment is *more *important
than yours because if you are receiving this, you are already hooked on
pinball. Making new players feel welcome and being good pinball ambassadors
is the responsibility of every experienced competitor at PinBaltimore. This
is how we grow as a pinball community. If you don't have patience for
noobs, you probably shouldn't come. The place will be lousy with casuals ;-)

5) We have an amazing line-up of bands and DJs that will be performing all
weekend. Be sure to check out the schedule for more info.
<https://www.pinbaltimore.com/schedule> We have carefully choreographed
everything so that none of the programming will interfere with / distract
from competition.

6) If you plan on competing, I recommend that you buy tickets in advance
<https://www.pinbaltimore.com/attend>. You can skip the box office line and
go right to the competition room where we will get you registered for
competition and on your way.

7) This will not be like any pinball event you have attended before. We are
trying to do something very different here, so just roll with it. Trust us
and thank us later.

8) The event is in Hampden in Baltimore City
<https://baltimore.org/neighborhoods/hampden> in a very happenin area with
plenty of other things to do including restaurants, boutiques, parks, the
contemporary art museum, and more all within walking distance. You're not
trapped at some hotel ballroom in the middle of nowhere.

9) Check out our Facebook Event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1089589131877956> or Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/pinbaltimore/> for announcements and other
news. Check
out our photos page
<https://www.pinbaltimore.com/photos-from-pinbaltimore-2018> to get a vibe
check.

10) WE STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS <https://www.pinbaltimore.com/volunteer>! This
is a completely volunteer run, non-profit event. If you volunteer, you get
free passes and an exclusive volunteer shirt.

11) I love you all. We are doing this to showcase what an amazing pinball
community we have in Baltimore and the greater DMV. Let's do something
remarkable together. See you there! Feel free to hit me up here with any
questions.