[FSPA] League Party Recap!

Rob Wintler-Cox rwintlercox at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 00:37:22 EDT 2022

Saturday was the End of Fall 2021 Season Party at Spinners in Frederick,
the first end of season party in over two years... and boy, did we need
it. About 40 people attended, there was a lot of pinball and video games, a
lot of pizza, and (inexplicably) a lot of presumably non-working cocktail
pinballs being used as tables.

The Brian Nalley Two Fingered Gauntlet of Eccentric Pinball Games was held,
and though Torpedo Alley torpedoing itself a few days prior meant that we
had to hastily cut off one finger and replace it with another, we managed.
The contests were:

- "Lexy Unidextry" was a one-handed high score game on Lexy Lightspeed -
Escape from Earth. This was won by Edan Grossman, who more than doubled the
nearest top score with 1,374,624 points. That is a lot of Alien Hurry-up
shots.

- "Filmed in Supermarionation!" was a two minute timed high score game on
Thunderbirds, widely regarded as the Plan 9 from Outer Space of pinball
machines. The winner was your host and humble narrator Rob Wintler-Cox with
38,738,000 points, made by successfully shooting the FAB shot until it
stopped being worth points. Well done, Parker.

But the highlight of the evening was the long-delayed FSPA giveaway game
Jungle Lord, which has been waiting in the wings for almost two and a half
years. Usually we spread the name cards out on the game itself, but because
there were almost 450 entries (of which about 25% were Rob Thomas and
Audrey Bonsignore) we used Hercules for that... and even then we ran out of
room so we filled up another game with all the names. We enlisted a random
child hanging around the arcade to pick a name, and the winner was... Bryan
Henson, for his Silverball Sanctum Fall 2021 season! Bryan had of course
left before the drawing so we were denied his jubilant reaction. ^_^;

Hopefully it won't be another two years before the next end of season
party, so we will see you then!