[FSPA] VUK playoffs this Sunday 8/27!

Tim of Premier Amusements timpet2 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 24 22:43:44 EDT 2017

No doubt, effective points for forfeits is a necessity.

Someone losing a ladder ranking tiebreaker to a player with forfeits is an unfortunate rare side effect of the forfeit scoring rules.

Not that it is worthy of a rule change, a player who is on the bubble could intentionally forfeit their last game or two in week eight to move up a group (lowering their ladder ranking) and secure a spot in a higher division, thus bumping someone down to a lower division.  Although rare, this situation has occurred before, not intentionally, of course.  My point is, forfeits can have an impact on division placement costing someone several positions in the final standings.

Tim