[FSPA] TourneyGuru signups

Joe Schober afljoeys at aol.com
Thu Jul 13 19:28:47 EDT 2017

Rob W-C wrote...

> Love the app. I was listening to a podcast recently where the guy being interviewed talked about how irritated it made him to see guys getting tips from their phones during Pinburgh, so he wrote Pin Tips, which pretty much does the same thing. My response to that was: Dude, you need a better caliber of friends.

Must've been Andreas (who also did matchplay.events).  PinTips is cool, but IMHO, it's a bit too unfocused for quick digestion when you're walking up to a new game right now.  It's all uncurated user-provided content, so for many games you get random pieces of info that may all be true, but often don't provide the concise "just do this" summary of TourneyGuru.  (On the other hand, if you disagree with Guru's summary, it doesn't really offer alternatives, so there's the trade-off...)

--Joe