[FSPA] Preplays VUK

Dave Hubbard dave.hubbard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 10:50:13 EDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Deb Kapke via FSPA <fspa at fspazone.org>
wrote:

> I can see why that rule exists.
>
> But is there a reason why a person can't choose to either take the score
> at league start time or not take it?  Game times are unpredictable, so
> people may think they have time for a game and then not have time. Then
> they're still forced to take whatever score they have. (If they even know
> about the rule which, obviously, many folks didn't know.)

I can't speak officially, but off the top of my head, someone could do this
on a hypothetical game:

1) Start game
2) Go for super-lucrative scoring that you have to spike early or not at
all (possible example: the billion hurryup on Batman Dark Knight, I think
it's possible in under 5 minutes if you nail all the shots without missing)
3) If you succeed, great! Record your awesome score.
4) If you fail, no problem!  Abandon the game with no penalty.

#2 could also be morphed into "geez, I just had two house balls, better
idle on this game until league start so I can abandon it and not have to
take my crap preplay."

In other words, it's easily abused.  It's essentially equivalent to just
starting a preplay any time and choosing to not take it if you don't like
it.

       --- Dave

--
"Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about."