[FSPA] READ ME! Preplays vs. Drop 2 Survey!

Joe Schober afljoeys at aol.com
Wed Sep 1 21:13:16 EDT 2021

Steve J wrote...

> I’d be curious to know what long term affect drop 2 has on attendance. I’d guess it would be worse, but we’d have to see how it plays out long term. Last season were there more no-shows than usual?

As Deb notes, there are a boatload of variables, but based on the one season we have to compare, the number of absent players this past season was not higher than the previous summer season.

Summer 2019:

Total scores = 5,284
Preplays used = 458 (8.67%)
FORFEIT/NOPREPLAY = 194 (3.67%)

Summer 2021:

Total scores = 4,524
FORFEIT/NOPREPLAY = 500 (11.05%)

Of course, the difference being that with in the 2019 season, most of the absent players still competed via preplays.

--Joe